SC4 launched SC4 Michigan Promoters of Women’s Equal Rights in Sports (SC4 MPOWERS) to support and advocate for opportunity for women coaches and athletes. The group connects key leaders and aims to support current coaches in the area; encourage women to pursue careers in coaching or athletics; and provide educational opportunities for women coaches, men coaching women and administrators involved in sports.
MPOWERS exists to help girls and women achieve athletic career dreams.
- Nancy Winzer – City of Port Huron recreation director and former SC4 softball player
- Barb Lynch- Operations manager, Port Huron Tennis House
- Telly Delor – Former St. Clair volleyball coach
- Erin Schweihofer – Marysville High School athletic director
- Carrie Lohr – Wayne State University basketball coach and former SC4 coach
- Celina Grondin – SC4’s new women’s golf coach, director of institutional research and former Lake Superior State University tennis and track athlete
Make a difference
- Be an ally of girls and women in sports.
- Highlight a women coach.
- Participate in the #HERESPROOF Tucker Research Center project to raise awareness and support women’s sports initiatives.
- Tag #SC4MPOWERS and @followSC4 on any social media content aimed at empowering women in sports.
Join SC4 MPOWERS: Receive news, articles, volunteer opportunities and SC4 MPOWERS events invite.
- SC4 and SC4 MPOWERS will host the State if Michigan’s “Women In Sports” Task Force for its next meeting on Nov. 20.
- SC4 and SC4 MPOWERS representatives will attend the Break Through Digital Leadership Summit on Dec 16.
- #SHECANCOACH Project from the Tucker Center for Research and Women in Sports: If she can see her, she can be her!
- #HERESPROOF Project: One myth we often hear is: “No one is interested in women’s sport.” We KNOW that is not true.
- Where Are the Women? NCAA
- Women’s Sports Foundation
- Skippers Athletics News